Friday, March 16, 2012

Hounded Re-read - Week 3
















Intro post is here, week 1 is here, week is 2 here.  SmashAttackReads is hosting this week's answers at this post.  Read on!

-----

1. I love Leif Helgarson, Viking Vampire, Esq. I have to say that combo makes a pretty cool attorney. If you could have a paranormal/mythical beastie (or combo) covering your tuckus in court, what would you choose and why?

I think we all know that the correct answer to this question is Keyrock, the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.  He's been around forever, so he knows all the tricks and loopholes.  Besides, it's just too much fun.



---

2. The police show up to question Atticus about his Irish Wolfhound, Oberon. If you could own any dog breed, what would it be and why? (P.S. Oberon is going on my list of favorite sidekicks!)

Irish Wolfhound has actually been pretty high up on my list, even before I discovered Kevin Hearne.  Since it would be boring to just have everyone say they want an Oberon, I'll go with the Do-Khyi, or Tibetan Mastiff.



---

3. Malina Sokolowski and the other Sisters of the Three Auroras coven have my antennae up. What is your opinion of them?

Witches=bad, unless they're written by J.K. Rowling, or you've met one who's known universally as "XYZ, the GOOD Witch".  Atticus is smart to be wary.

---

4. Brighid, goddess of poetry, fire and the forge, gave Atticus the power of Cold Iron, which can be used to fight off that nasty little hellspawn. If you could wield one magical power, what would it be and why?

This is always a really, really tough question.  If I'm living in a crazy world like Atticus, I definitely want something to help my survival.  Maybe a crazy healing factor like Wolverine?  Something like that.  However, if this is a power for me to use in my regular old boring life, I would probably want something that could make some money.  I'm tempted to say some kind of perfect divination so I could run the stock market, but I think I'd go with teleportation.  It would allow me to travel wherever I want, whenever I want. I would instantly be able to save a ton of money, and I'm sure over time I could think of some clever ways to actually make money off of it.

---

5. The cops show up at Atticus’ shop to search for poor Oberon, who remains magically hidden throughout the ordeal. What is the one thing you would do if you could remain hidden from sight?

Heh, this is one of those questions where I'm sure people's answers have changed as they've moved through the stages of their lives.  Right now, I can't think of anything terribly clever I would do.  Sneak into the movie theater?  It would be great for corporate espionage, but I'm not really sure how a person transitions into that line of work.

14 comments:

  1. Caveman lawyer...lol..."I don't understand your ways.." heehee

    That Tibetan Masstif is the cutest. I'm not sure how agile he is though.

    power of healing and travel :)

    Think about turning off captcha...I usually blog hop from my phone and it is near impossible to comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the captcha tip, didn't even realize it was turned on, that must be the default.

      Delete
  2. I so wasn't clever with my invisibility response either. Couldn't think of anything, actually, which, now that I think about it, is rather sad. *sigh*

    That Tibetan Mastiff is AMAZING! Look at the ruff on that guy! Of course, he'd die of heat prostration if he lived in the South with me but what a cool dog.

    Of course! Keyrock! *headdesk* What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blahahaha! Caveman lawyer! Best choice I've seen so far. Now I feel like watching Encino Man. LOL

    Mastiffs are amazing dogs, but they are an intimidating breed, well at least to me they are. Their name alone kind of scares me.

    Making your magic work for you would be the coolest thing about having a magical ability. Who couldn't use the extra money?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caveman lawyer awesome! I wonder how articulate he is? That dog is huge do they shed a lot? That would probably clog up your vacuum for sure. Teleporting would be so cool. Avoid traffic, save time, no gas to buy there is your money saving right there. Think about how much money you would have not spending it on transportation costs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, a caveman lawyer would be so hilarious!!! Yes, teleporting would be a really awesome power to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BWAHAHAHA! Caveman attorney! That's perfect, simply perfect. It reminds me of those Geico commercials. Although, I don't know if I'd be able to make it through the court proceedings without laughing hysterically. They'd probably have to kick me out of the court room.

    Awe. That Tibetan Mastiff is adorable. I'm sure that wasn't what you were going for, but he is so cute. I'd want to cuddle with it. Look at all that fur. He'd probably be none to happy here in AZ, but still. Look at that face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fluffy dogs (until I realise how much fluff ends up on me!) he looks so huggable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer? ROFL! Love it!

    Oh and a Tibetan Mastiff? Great choice! I want to pet that piccy you have there.

    Healing power like Wolverine? I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caveman Lawyer definitely gets the most creative answer award!!

    The Tibetan Mastiff is a wonderful dog but if that is your choice---you might want to make one click sweeping your magical power :) I know that would come in very handy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, I must be old b/c I do not know Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer!! And as soon as I figure out corporate espionage, I'll let you know!!!! I'm right there with you on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving that you brought Wolverine into one of your answers. Very right!
    Lynn:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY, I'm not the only one who thought of the Xmen when the power question came up. I wouldn't mind Wolverine's power. Now, if only that came with Hugh Jackman.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. BAHAHA!!! Keyrock the Unfrozen Caveman!!! That's hilarious!!!

    I think the ability to heal would be a good one to have. Then you could do things you normally wouldn't do because you know you'd heal anyways.

    ReplyDelete