Thursday, March 1, 2012

Everyone loves comics, even little girls

So Trey already tweeted the Comics Alliance story about Maddie and her dad Matt, but I wanted to read the original blog post.  Once I did, I knew I had to share it here.

The basics, as I understand them, are that Matt lost his wife mere hours after Maddie was born.  He had a blog he started for the birth of his daughter, and he decided to keep it going even after the tragedy.  Maddie is now 3, and she's already started surprising her dad with some of her interests.  Here's an excerpt:


"she
spent the entire
drive to school asking
me questions about
the superheroes and their
personalities and super powers…
questions i couldn’t
answer for her
other than to say
that the hulk turns
green when he’s angry"


Matt could have just lied to Maddie, made up answers to her questions.  He could have ignored her.  But Matt is a rockstar dad, and so he took his daughter to a comic book store.  I'm not going to ruin the ending, and I want to give Matt some traffic, so you'll have to click through to see what happened.  But trust me, you want to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment