Monday, March 19, 2012

Laura's 100 Books in 2012 - #10



Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith




Elizabeth Bennett is a feminist living during the reign of George III. Oh, and she kills zombies because England is infested with the undead.

I had high expectations for this book. I love anything Jan Austen. I love zombies. I love Seth Grahame-Smith's Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

I think you know where this is going. I wanted to like it! Really, I did. It's just that there was this kind of lame part about how all the women of that era went to either China or Japan to learn fighting skills. If it was just mentioned a couple of times, that would have been OK. Instead it seemed like this entire additional story line that needed it's own spin off. Apparently I was right, because there's a sequel and a prequel to this book. In my world, Jane Austen comes back as a zombie and seeks revenge for this. Maybe that's harsh, but I know some die-hard Jane Austen fans who probably agree with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment