Sunday, March 18, 2012

Laura's 100 Books in 2012 - #9



Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen




Raise your hand if you've ever seen The Notebook. Now raise your hand if you've ever been to the circus. Well, you've pretty much got the drift of this book. Maybe it's my fault, because I watched the movie before I read the book (usually a no-no for me). Most of the time I love, like, or care about at least one character, but I didn't care about any of them in this book (or the movie).

Jacob accidentally joins a circus after a personal tragedy and meets Marlena. They fall in love, but she's married to the main animal trainer. Jacob becomes the vet for the circus and begins a bond that will change his life.

If you want to read the book, check it out from the public library. If you want to watch the movie, borrow it from someone. Just save your money on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment