Thursday, April 19, 2012

Liz's 100 Books in 2012 - #12



Big Fish: A Novel of Mythic Proportions by Daniel Wallace


I've been wanting to read this book for a long time because the movie adaptation was filmed here in Alabama, but I'm a little sad to say that I didn't really enjoy it that much. I wasn't really interested in either the main character or his dad, and I didn't really like how the story slipped back and forth between tall tales and real-life sequences. I guess I'm a bigger fan of characters that I can get to know and love, and I really didn't end up even liking these characters. I still haven't seen the movie, and now I'm not sure if I want to! (editor's note: the movie is great, you should check it out)

It's a pretty quick read, but I wouldn't put it in my "recommended" stack.

2 out of 5 catfish

No comments:

Post a Comment