Thursday, April 5, 2012

Casting Fire: Trey's picks for Finnick & Johanna

I haven't read, nor do I plan on reading, the Hunger Games trilogy. Nothing against the books, I just have other stuff I would rather focus on. I did, however, see and enjoy the movie.  So, when Tripp asked me if I wanted to attempt this crazy casting experiment, I said "yes!" The question is, who will I choose to play characters without having read the series and based solely on what little description can be mined from the book?


So..here we go. First up is Finnick Odair.

The only descriptors I had to work with were: He's a 24 year old male who lives in the Fishing District and is "extremely handsome, tall, muscular, tan, bronze hair, sea green eyes."

Strangely, my first thought was "Namor should play Finnick." This is just one of many depressing signs that I have been reading too much Marvel recently because the obvious correct answer is actually Aquaman.


But, seeing as fictional characters cannot act in movies, I had to choose a living breathing human for Finnick. Eventually, I also (without knowing Tripp had already picked him) settled on Armie Hammer (The Social Network, The Lone Ranger). He fits all the physical descriptors and is a good actor, so this seems like a no-brainer to me. The unforeseen side effect is that I now want an Armie Hammer Aquaman movie to be made.




Next: Johanna Mason


Description: She's a female about 20-23 years old from the Lumber District with "wide-set brown eyes, short brown hair, small, petite".

No funny story here, I just compared those physical traits to a bunch of actresses that are the appropriate age for the character and settled on Emily Browning.



No comments:

Post a Comment