Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Contributor - Laura


My name is Laura, and here's a snippet from my geek resume:

1. I like reading fan fiction utilizing my favorite characters (FanFiction.net anyone?).
2. My brain has a Rain Man-like capacity for crappy celebrity news and movies
3. I am very competitive, but because I’m not a sporty person it only comes out during game nights
4. My family and I break out into random voices when talking to each other. Our favorites are British, Irish, & Scottish accents (or sometimes all three at the same time)


I'm also an avid reader and librarian, so I'm often asked how many books I've read in my life (I have no idea) or how many books I've read in a given time period. One day I was scouring the internet and found people who were trying to read 100 books in one year. Cool people who just wanted to see if they could actually read that many books in 365 days. Since then, I've always wanted to do that. Right before the start of 2012, I found some friends who also wanted to scale this word mountain. So instead of making one of those "been there/done that" New Year's resolutions (eat better and exercise? so 2011), I decided to try the 100 books thing. With this resolution I don't have to count calories or steps, I just count the books I was already going to read anyway. Plus, I get to read more, so I'd say it's a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment