Monday, January 30, 2012

Laura's 100 Books in 2012 - #2




I don't plan on going into my English major spiel on this one, mainly because this book is British Chick Lit and it's pretty straight forward. The plot is basic. Girl has weight issues. Girl is in love with a guy who doesn't know she has recently lost a ton of weight because he seemed to have fallen in love with her when she was at her heaviest. Girl ends up falling for another guy, who she thought was a jerk at the beginning of the book. Hijinks, of course, ensue. Let me be the first to admit that I love Chick Lit. I will go as far to say that if British Chick Lit was a guy, I would marry him. He wouldn't be that smart, but what an accent!

However, I only liked this book. The main reason it was so meh for me is because I didn't like Neve, the main character. She took waaaaay too long trying to find out who she was (the book is 555 pages long and she doesn't grow a backbone until around page 500). I also didn't love having to Google British words I don't know, but that's just the "French fries should really be called Freedom Fries" part of me that I try to hide. 

Try reading anything by Jane Green or Jennifer Weiner if you dig Chick Lit.

No comments:

Post a Comment