Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Contributor & New Feature

I have a friend that I've been trying to get to write something for the site for months now, but she was always swamped at work.  She's a librarian and an avid reader, specifically in the "Young Adult" genre that has recently included such standouts as Harry Potter and The Hunger Games.  I thought she'd have fun writing on the blog, but I also had the selfish reasons of adding some more "Book" stuff to the blog, and adding some female perspective from time to time.

I was finally able to hook her based off of her New Year's resolution.  LL says she's going to read 100 books in 2012.  This is something my sister and LL cooked up, and they're kind of competing with each other.  I told LL if she was going to read all those books, she should write a mini-review on each one so she'll have a digital memento of the endeavor.  I know, I'm cunning and manipulative, but I usually use my powers for good.  Anyway, she agreed, so sometime in the next week we're going to launch "LL's Quest for 100".  She's already sent me the first one, but we're going to wait till I can get her squared away on Blogger so they'll show up with her as the author.  Some of the books' subject matter won't really line up with our normal subjects, but I feel like the quest to read a hundred books in a year is pretty geeky in it's own right, so we're gonna allow it.  I'm actually hoping that once she sees LL's name on the interwebs, I'll be able to convince my sister to join the blogging party, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Anywho, thought I would let you in on some new content we'll be shooting your way in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment