Wednesday, May 4, 2011

6 Glimpses of New Footage From the New Green Lantern Trailer

A brand new Green Lantern Trailer hit the tubes today. While most of trailer is old news, there are several glimpses of some new and pretty exciting footage. I'm sorry about the quality, our host is not great with pictures. Also, I guess some of this is spoilery spoiler-ish spoiler-esque. If you plan on reading a bunch of Green Lantern comics between now and the movie's premiere and you do not want anything spoiled then read with care.

The Sinestro Corp Symbol:

Though, since Sinestro is a good guy at this point, I guess it is more aptly the Parallax symbol.

Hal and Sinestro sparring:
Hal and Sinestro's relationship starts out like a buddy cop movie. You know, they hate each other at first, but then they work together. Then one of them goes crazy and creates his own police force and...am I stretching this metaphor too far?

Sinestro creating ring constructs:

Unless I am mistaken, we have not seen Sinestro light up in any of the earlier trailers.

Hal getting punched in the face by Kilowog:
Look...I am a Green Lantern fan, but I will be the first to admit Hal is not my favorite Corpsmen. I confess I smiled watching Reynolds get punched.

This is also our first footage of Kilowog accompanied by the voice of Michael Clarke Duncan:
"Take that GIGANTIC fist to the face, Poozer."

Unless I am completely mistaken, also making their first appearances in this trailer are the Green Lantern Corps' bosses, The Guardians:
They're like Yoda...but blue...and more manipulative...and kind of morally ambiguous....and they shun all emotion. So scratch that, they're not like Yoda at all.

and Tim Robbins as Hector Hammond's father:
I have nothing to say here.

I think all of that was new with this trailer. If I missed anything or if pointing out stuff that has already been seen in other trailers, let me know!


[Original footage credit: yahoo.com, warner brothers pictures]

No comments:

Post a Comment