Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Liz's 100 Books in 2012 - #1-3



Flawless, Perfect and Unbelievable by Sara Shepard


OK, don't judge me too harshly based on my first three books! I got sucked into the TV show (and read the first book late last year) and couldn't stand not knowing what was going on, so I picked up the books thinking I could read to the end way before the show got there.

A lot of good that did me since the show isn't following the books at all.

Anyway, I decided to clump the reviews together rather than bore anyone with individual reviews.

The basic plot is that there's a group of "mean girls" and the ring leader goes missing. Then someone is stalking the other girls and blackmailing them with their own secrets via text message/email (kind of Gossip Girl meets Ghost Writer. Anyone?)

I'm not going to lie, I actually enjoyed reading the books. I love a good murder mystery! Obviously the whole idea that the girls won't tell the police or their parents about this "stalker" is a little bit ridiculous and far-fetched, but I'll definitely hand it to the author...I had no idea who it was going to be or how she was going to wrap the story up. They were fast reads and overall entertaining, if a little silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment