Friday, March 18, 2011

Apparently rich Amazonian Princesses in David E. Kelley's world shop at cheap costume shops

Over the years, Wonder Woman has rarely changed her look. For the most part, she has kept to the star-spangled bustier. The few times that she has changed things up, the results haven't been pretty. Yet, nothing compares to the dimestore halloween costume patriotic rubber clown suit NBC and David Kelley putting Adrianne Palicki in. I realize that the red, yellow and blue corset/hot pants combination might have been a hard sell--I get that, I really do. I have absolutely no problem with changing up the costume, but this thing is horrid. It's all shiny and plastic-y.
If it can used as any indication as to the kind of show we can expect, then we could be looking at a campy, tongue in cheek version of Wonder Woman. Now that I think of it, that assessment fits perfectly with the details we have seen leaked from the pilot's script. When we look at the multiple identities, the dungeon of geeks, and Wonder Woman worrying about her bust-line through the lens of this costume, they look even worse. I am trying really hard not to be alarmist about this. I realize that, in the grand scheme of things, it is still early in the process and David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman might not ever actually be broadcast. However, things are not looking too bright for the Amazonian Princess. [Source: EW.com]

Update: So I have been trying to put my finger on why I hate the blue pants. I think I finally figured it out. They SCREAM Donna Troy and not Diana Prince. There is a reason none of Donna's Wondergirl Troia Troy outfits are iconic...they're as uninspiring as that picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment